Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jewelry making

My beautiful neighbour came by the other day and bought four pair of earrings! I was so thrilled that I immediately got back to the jewelry making process—that being said, it does interfere directly with the redaction of my dissertation. Oh well! it's summer after all, and wearing jewelry is great!

I've been really trying to think about why I'm making jewelry and what it means for me, and I realize that it all comes down to a simple fact: too often we see people wearing exactly the same jewelry and I've been thinking about how sad it is that there are so many great talents out there, so many different types of style, so many possibilities and I want to be part of this movement.

And because of that, I want my jewelry to be unique; yes, I will make more than one model usually, but there more than, say, four or five. The reason? Well, I like the idea that the individuals who buy jewelry from me are looking for something unique, something that speaks directly to them, and that it is truly a piece not so many people will be wearing around them as well.

There is also another reason: I profoundly enjoy trying new things, and this means that my own taste for jewelry is always evolving and changing; I make jewelry that I love and I keep having new ideas for new designs. Because of that, most of the designs I created in the past will grow to become fully and untimely unique.

Here are a few of my creations that you can find on Etsy.

Medieval Dangling Earrings 


Dangling Aztek Earrings with White Water Pearls 


Steampunk Spiderweb Earrings 
Don't hesitate to pass along the information on your own blog and FB or twitter if you like the designs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment