Friday, April 15, 2011

Novel

Ohhh! I just had a great idea for a novel!... now, the question is: how long will it take me to write it? how long does a novel need to be anyway? how much time do i have? frankly, not so much this weekend. Wish i'd planned that whole thing very differently! Well... it didn't happen.

The novel itself is a project to develop "skills", i mean, literary skills, which i have, actually, but not so much in the... literary-literary aspect of it. This is a little obscure. Well, as things go, my whole life is defined by writing, even designed by writing, and probably determined by writing. Hopefully, i will be entitled to be a writer. But this entails a second question: what type of writer?

The academic type is the route i'm currently driving on. "Currently" — i think it says it all! And my literary skills, in english anyway, haven't developed past the "Fear Street" novel i attempted to write when i was twelve. Oh, don't get me wrong! I'm sure it wasn't completely bad; but writing on paper and not re-reading what i wrote basically translated into one of my characters dying twice... in very different ways. Ugh!

Writing, writing, writing. You have it: i want my whole life to be defined by writing.

I could live with that.

Very happily.

Quite frankly.

No comments:

Post a Comment